Jigsaw Puzzle Creator Package for Unity
A downloadable Unity package
Create your own jigsaw puzzle games in Unity
Use this jigsaw puzzle creator package to build standalone games, or add a jigsaw puzzle mini-game as part of a larger game. Easily create fully functional jigsaw puzzle prefabs within Unity that you can drop into a scene and play right away.
Take a look at the getting started tutorial video to see how easy it is to generate jigsaws in a matter of moments by loading in your own images and specifying the number of pieces you'd like, along with a variety of other options to customise your puzzles.
Free game included!
If you purchase this package as part of the bundle you will be able to download my game "The Adventures of Wolf and Hood - A Jigsaw Tale" for free (worth $4.16), as a demonstration of how a complete jigsaw puzzle game could work. This package gives you everything you need to create all the jigsaw puzzle prefabs you want for your own game, although you will need to add your own puzzle images, menu system, and any other features you require.
What this package does
The jigsaw puzzle generator tool can:
- Load images from your computer and convert into "squarified" textures saved to your project
- Generate jigsaw puzzle prefabs to match the aspect ratio of your chosen images
- Adjust the settings for number of pieces, size of tabs, random seed, and more
- Save the prefabs to your project along with a normal map texture (to give the puzzle pieces a sense of depth) and shadow texture (to highlight the seams between pieces)
What you can do with the prefabs:
- Drop a puzzle prefab into a scene to play right away (there is an example scene to show you one way you can do this)
- Combine any image with the same puzzle prefab (as long as the aspect ratio is the same)
- Use the same image with different puzzle prefabs (e.g. different numbers of pieces to give a variety of difficulties)
This package is no longer being supported. No further updates will be issued for versions of Unity beyond 2021.3. If you bought it prior to August 2023 I will attempt to help resolve any issues you have but I'm afraid I can no longer provide support for any purchases made from August 2023 onwards, sorry about that.
This package was developed for Unity versions 2019.4, 2020.3, and 2021.3 (all LTS versions) for the Universal Render Pipeline (URP), but should work in all later versions of Unity too (although some tweaks may be required to lighting etc.). Note that it is not compatible with the HDRP.
Please check the End User Licence Agreement below to make sure you can use this package for what you want to do (it's short and not complicated).
In order to download this Unity package you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $15 USD. You will get access to the following files: